Monday, October 23, 2006

Good Idea. Bad Idea.

First I would like to thank Jenn Moore for indirectly reminding me of one of my great childhood joys. On evening when I needed to ask her something I saw her away message of “Goodnight moon” which triggered the memory one of my favorite after school cartoons … Animaniacs. The trigger was directed around a remake of that line into “Nighty night toon.” This series has given me much joy in remaking a variety of already funny jokes even funnier. I’m not sure why but falling anvils are funny, and I have not seen that level of comedic writing in quite some time.

So ….

Good Idea: Driving home after you go to church.
Bad Idea: Driving home after you go to a 3 hour evening concert at church.

I went home (again) to play in the annual fraternity flag football tourney on the blistering sandbar of Pismo Beach. (Say that last like a la Chris Burmen and it will make sense) My intention was to play football Saturday, go to church on Sunday and then drive home to recover. I found out that there was a spare ticket (or two) and could think of about any number of reasons to NOT go to the concert.

[The concert in question involved 4 bands: Last Tuesday (as opposed to Late Tuesday), John Ruben, Sanctus Real, and Superchic[k]. The last two are on my normal rotation of music listening, the second I have heard of but not investigated, and the first I had only heard of.]

Needless to say (well maybe it does) I really didn’t care about my physical and mental well-being … So I went to church again. Hey it still fell in my line of planning of going home after church … well minus the recover part.

I have no regrets about going to the concert, other than the insanity that I demonstrated this morning, and might be having right now, but I might need a third opinion since the first two are my own.

No comments: