Monday, December 11, 2006

Post finals wrap up

Today is Saturday. Today is the first ‘official’ day of Christmas break. Today is the first day of me being a second year at Fuller.

SHORTEST

YEAR

EVER!

Since school is out that means I get to return to one of my joys in life: Running like a crazy man after a Frisbee. This is sometimes called therapy for me, if only because any frustrations are run out on the field and put out in a friendly game of who can catch the flying disk. For those in the audience who are wondering: ‘Frisbee, therapeutic … not quite sure I follow.’ While yes it normally wipes me out for the rest of the day, It allows me to just enjoy a day of doing little to no work. While I had intended to clean my apartment, prepare some food so I could make fried rice later, and go out to replace my now empty supply of cream soda. Instead I watched a movie, played a little guitar and still might go out for the cream soda. Priorities people … gotta have ‘em.

I have a really boring Christmas break coming up. I mean I’m going to go home, do my favorite vacation activity (as little as possible), and then come back to Pasadena. I will get to see the family and talk to my home church but for the most part it should be a nice week of relaxing and enjoying the rest. I do have a week to watch Season 4, courtesy of Blockbuster. If I don’t emerge from my apartment for 2 days, send for help.

It is a little odd to think that I am 1/3 done with my seminary career, but it is true. I can no longer claim ignorance in the face of questions of how things were done the year before. Not that I won’t try, but still it is sometimes nice to play dumb. Either way it is the first time that I have enjoyed school. It is weird to have professors walk in and say that teaching doesn’t feel like work, from what I have seen I believe it though. There is not an all campus aura of stress, and struggle to try to figure things out. I sometimes wonder if I am make-believe land where life is perfect and nothing is ever wrong.

Well maybe not … A buddy of mine just had his first son. One of the classes we shared this quarter was patristic theology covering everything from post-apostles up till about Augustine in the early 400s. We talked about baptism and opinions. While I’m not really in the mood to rant it has brought up an interesting consideration. While it is not limited to this one topic I have been challenged in areas where I don’t know the answers. For all my fear of systematic theology, I am beginning to wonder if I should start taking some.

Sunday:
Season 4 - 4 disks down, 2 to go. I call 24 my drug of choice, I’ll be admitting myself to rehab Monday night.

No comments: