Sunday, May 17, 2009

Gaining Ground, or Maybe Just Securing It

So aside from the new Jars of Clay album that sounds like something that I just can’t put my finger on (feels like a little Mae with something else …), life has been good. I’ve been kinda traveling more than I care to admit and looking for work that seems really elusive. I’ve had many random ideas that have been buried in the need to find work. What is worse is that I have 2 unfinished blogs on my desktop that I remember what I was talking about but don’t feel like exploring them anymore. One was basically ‘fighting the man’ … cause that is what most Presbyterian graduates deal with. The other was on music and how it isn’t about skill but the soul of the musician. I might come back to the second another day (ya know … cause this is kinda a musically based blog)

I find that job hunting is a very weird place to be. It is like being on the verge of being able to claw my way out of a hole that I got dropped into after I graduated. I wish I could say that I have used this time to have some time to read some fun stuff, but … I haven’t to be honest I’m rereading a music book that is so beautifully written it takes a while to process each chapter.

On top of that I picked up a very challenging devotional book that is challenging me in ways that are on the order of the question: “If everything the Bible said was true, how would you change your actions?” One of those deep brow beating books. It is set up for a passage a day, but I’m working on 2 a day.

After that there is just this thing that I have been enjoying for 5 months and could not be a happier person. I think most of my blog energy has been reapportioned to this situation. So you all get the short stick … sorry … but I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

So this seems like a weak blog … but that’s all I got.

... Hun ... next blog is #100 ... might have to do something awesome with it.

No comments: