Friday, March 23, 2007

Random Musings

Preface:
I have misplaced my brain, all of the below comments referring to specific people are meant in jest, sometimes those moments are wonderful if only for the lack of sleep (apologizes to Sarah now).

The world has officially moved into the computer age: Goodwill no longer accepts typewriters for donation.

So I am officially a tea fan. My dear friend Laura has been a wonderful instructor in the preparation, ritual, and intricacies of tea. I know ‘roughly’ what I like and I must say that it was nice having chai to wake me up to write papers during finals week.

So I’m at home doing Spring, Summer and Fall cleaning at my parents house for a couple of days. (Yes I am talented enough that I can do 9 months of cleaning in the course of one week) This involves yardwork, garage work, and the strange necessity to shower twice a day, and I still have dirt behind my ears …

When I picked up Sophie and Sarah from the airport about … 2 or 3 weeks ago, they both had just come from playing Guitar Hero. Both thought I would love it (not realizing that I already am a guitar hero in disguise), and highly recommended that I find someone who had it to try it out. I have, I like, I want. Anyone wanna sell me a PS2?

Going back to having ‘moments of clarity’ that are basically the realization of something taught in class and then seeing it in reality. I have had quite a few of those while I have been home. Mostly after the fact but I can think of about 7 (and counting) specific instances where I have had my mind wander and then stop on one of these moments.

In the world of 24 … someone is about to get messed up cause Jack is … well ticked off is too much of a understatement, so I think ‘homicidal’ is probably more accurate. That and Charles Logan is officially on my ‘Good Guy’ list.

Is it a bad thing to be taking more stuff back to Pasadena with me when I already am very limited in the space I have? *Looks in his trunk, Looks in Sarah’s direction* “Yes Sarah, my car does have a trunk.”

Having finished Foundations in seminary has left me with a feeling that might be more joyous than when I graduated College. As if a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders and thrown into the lake of fire with great fanfare and pyrotechnics. Followed by a great choir singing in angelic voices giving praise to God for the defeat of a horrible foe ... I think I feel like river dancing.

Junior Highers that I watched grow up when I was at home between College and Seminary now have their driver’s license. I’m getting old(er).

After having 3 months of intense schoolwork I have worn out most of my music collection. Additions have been made that require large portions of my free time to sort out and figure out what I like and what I don’t.

Oh there is my brain … right on top of my head.

2 comments:

Sarah Kennedy said...

ha ha--yup you do have a trunk on your car...it was just hiding!

Anonymous said...

Alan

I just bought the guns and roses all time hits AND talked to Joey from down the street. I think the two happened in different orders, but one definitly inspired the other.

Two Words
Paradise City