Thursday, October 09, 2008

6am

So … I figured it out finally.

Now most of the people who read this blog on a regular basis know about my internal 6am alarm clock. I wake up then if I want to or not and then have the option of going back to sleep. It is to the point where I don’t need an alarm clock to wake up. Even worse is the fact that my body will normally wake up before that in a state of semi-awake which leads to some interesting ends to dreams.

Now depending on when I went to bed I will either get up or roll over and go back to sleep. Most of the time I do the former however there are occasions that I will my body back into a state of slumber. Much of this last week has been that way, I have figured out going back to bed is not the healthy response to me waking up.

My normal mode of operation is that of a patient and slow moving turtle (although I have a jet pack for emergencies). Waking up at 6am gives me time to start my day without a rush of things to do, without a need to feel like I’m behind, and simmer into consciousness rather than being flung off the deep end. Basically I am a happy camper rather than a grumpy camper. I tend to think ‘clearer’ and have time to do all the things I like to do in the morning (like read my comics and play a few games) and not have to leave them till later, when they become distractions rather than fun.

I also have a time to center life around peace and calm rather than panic and insanity that then leads into the rest of the day. Yea I’m a morning person, but I’m finding more and more that is helps me to be who I am without the need take time out of the day to catch up, but rather I have time to rest when there is space between one thing and another. Being ‘Terminally Early’ isn’t a bad thing, it gives time for life to catch up to you, to close your eyes and allow God to become the renewed center of the day.



The Sabbath is limited to a single day, but rather a place of rest. What if we took 2 hrs out of the day to just focus on God (24hrs - 8hrs sleep =16 … 1 hr per 7 hrs = 2 hrs total). Not in study, but in reflection, prayer, company, and joy; all the things that we ‘enjoy’ in life. To take the scenic route, and enjoy the ride.

No comments: